Friday, December 21, 2007

3. Excitement continues...


Soooo.. I emailed Emily from WUSC National Office with a few questions, I just couldn't wait for the package, and got some exciting news from her that I'll share with you! I asked whether she thought I'd be with a host family and she said yes, most likely, so that is awwwesome.. I'm really hoping that comes into fruition! Also, I asked if she knew exactly where I'd be placed and she said that too has not been decided but I will either be in Tamale which is 500km North of Accra (capital city) or in Cape Coast which is just 145 km West of Accra. Truthfully I need to do some research to see the differences between these two cities before I can say where I'd like to go and explain to you the highlights of each. Cape Coast is right on the water and is close to Accra, so is probably more developed, and I've heard Northern Ghana (Tamale) is a lot less developed, more village-like, less city-like. But again this is all speculation and there is more research to follow! It's neat looking at the map because just North of Ghana is Burkina Faso where my good friend Crystal was this past summer for the same Seminar so it would be very cool if I was in Tamale, a few hundred km from where she was!

Other than these details I don't have a whole lot more for you. Unfortunately my Ghanaian package has not come in the mail yet and I'm heading to Pickering tomorrow morning for the Holidays so my excitement and anticipation will continue over the next week until I return back to Windsor!
I've attached a map of Ghana so you can see where I might be in just 6 months time!
AHHHHHHH I'm sooooooo excited guys and girls you have noo idea!!!
Thanks for reading!
Please post some comments people!!
Wishing you all safe, fun, happy, exciting holidays!!
Ghanaian Robin

No comments: