Sunday, December 16, 2007

2. Some more info for you curious people!

So a lot of people have been asking me for more details- so I'll share what I know (which isn't a whole lot)

20 Canadian students go to Ghana and are matched up with 20 Ghanaian University students to do research on the primary education system in Ghana, and how policies etc are effecting school enrollment.
Apart from that I don't know a whole lot...!
Not sure if I'll be living with a host family (what I'd really like to do, so I can be totally immersed in the culture and learn about family life). But I could also live in a hostel/residence building type of deal, which was the case for a lot of the participants last year.

I hope to visit my adopted girl Agnes who is in Ghana and who my mom sponsored for me through Plan Canada.

Anyway, next week I get a package in the mail with all the juicy details- or some of them it least!!
I will keep you all posted tho! And any questions/comments write them on here people!!
Thanks :)

No comments: